AutorMensaje
Inari
Practicante
Practicante

Frase : Usuario
Masculino Cantidad de envíos : 1207

MensajeTema: The Best MMA Nicknames   Lun Jun 14, 2010 10:10 pm

The Best MMA Nicknames

September 22, 2009 – Dr. AmericanaMMA is filled with the best fighters and martial artists in the entire world. So why wouldn’t they also have the best nicknames? Here’s a look at 10 of our favorites…

10. Kevin Ferguson- “Kimbo Slice”

Maybe you thought his real name was Kimbo. That’s OK. But it is just a nickname. Kimbo was a childhood nickname and fight fans added the “Slice” after he left a huge gash over an opponent’s eye in his first taped fight. Whether or not you think Kimbo can cut it as an MMA fighter, his nickname is definitely top 10.

9. Jens Pulver- “Little Evil”

Newer fight fans may not appreciate Pulver because he hasn’t had a victory since late-2007. But Pulver deserves props for being the first-ever UFC lightweight champion, and for having a top-10 nickname.

8. Chris Leben- “The Crippler”

Leben is a fan favorite that provides excitement in every one of his fights. He’s had many nicknames since appearing on the season one of “The Ultimate Fighter”, but the one that has stuck is “The Crippler”. Back in 2005 he told MMA Weekly, “I like the Crippler, I like the Catsmasher, I like Lights Out, you can call me Game Tight….your Baby’s Daddy…..it really doesn’t matter to me. I don’t pick my nicknames, people give them to me.”

7. Stephan Bonnar- “American Psycho”

It’s not exactly the most original nickname on the list, but you can’t deny that it is very cool. Plus, when you consider the Bret Easton Ellis character from the book/movie, it’s totally fitting that an MMA fighter wear that nickname.

6. Ken Shamrock- “The World’s Most Dangerous Man”

Shamrock is currently serving a one-year suspension after testing positive for Evil or Very Mad substances following his victory over Ross Clifton earlier this year. At age 45, who knows if he even enters the cage again. But the title of “The World’s Most Dangerous Man” was well-earned. He is a UFC Hall of Famer and his nickname is Hall of Fame, too.

5. Mirko Filipovic- “Cro Cop”

The Croatian Filipovic has been a bust since coming to the UFC, but he comes in at #5 on our Best Nicknames list. For those who don’t know, the nickname comes from his service as a Croatian Anti-Terrorist Squad officer. He also has sat on the Croatian Parliament.

4. Takanori Gomi- “The Fireball Kid”

He’s beaten a Gracie, knocked out Jens Pulver, was submitted by a Gogoplata and whooped on Hayato Sakurai. He’s fought in Pride, Shooto and now Sengoku. He’s been everywhere, man. And he has the #4 nickname on the list.

3. Mark Kerr- “The Smashing Machine”

It’s been a tough road for Kerr, as seen in the documentary branded by his nickname “The Smashing Machine: The Life and Times of Mark Kerr”. He hasn’t had a win in a while, but he won his first 11 fights before running into some substance-abuse troubles. The nickname was apt as Kerr routinely won fights in a dominant fashion.

2. Cris and Evangelista Santos- “Cyborg”

I still can’t figure out if that is their legal name now. It’s probably not but everyone uses “Cyborg” for their last name. The married couple have had a fantastic 2009. Cris defeating Gina Carano and Evangelista putting on an excellent performance in a loss to Joey Villasenor. They also share a fantastic nickname.

1. Wanderlei Silva- “The Axe Murderer”

0.5. Goran: The zombie killer judoka latiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiino
Is a Argentinian Judo practitioner, a mixed martial artist, a prominent member of the 5º Ring Martial Arts family. He is one of the few people in the world to hold a black belt in the URII

I don’t care if he doesn’t win as much as he used to. There can be nothing more terrifying than watching a guy named “The Axe Murderer” stare you down while doing that crazy hand movement before the fight begins. “The Axe Murderer” is the best nickname in MMA, and maybe all of sports.

Y los femeninos:
We’ve already gone over the best MMA nicknames on the men’s side. So it’s time for us to roll out the 10 best nicknames in Women’s MMA.

10. Aisling Daly- “The Bash”

The 22-year old Daly fights out of Ireland’s and has fought in Dublin, Denmark and England. “The Bash” must get her nickname from one thing: bashing in her opponents skulls. She not only has one of the best nicknames, she’s also one of the world’s best young fighters. She is currently 9-0 with 5 KOs.

9. Jessica Halverson- “Raising Havoc”

Dig the picture to the right and you just know that Halverson’s nickname is appropriate. She has the look, the tats and the guns. She fights out of Idaho and just turned pro in 2009. She won her first 2 fights by TKO before dropping her last fight in November.

8. Kristin Molina- “Barbie”

Another fighter where you look at the pic and instantly get it. The gorgeous Molina does resemble Barbie, but I don’t think Barbie ever stepped in a cage to throw hands. She hasn’t fought in about 2 years, so maybe she decided her good looks are more important than cage fighting.

7. Michele Gutierrez- “Diablita”

Gutierrez recently fought Felice Herrig, one of the fighters on our “11 Hottest MMA Fighters” list. Gutierrez didn’t win the fight — her first as a pro, but you can’t deny that “Diablita” is a slick and possibly intimidating nickname.

6. Melissa Vasquez- “The Catkiller”

Is Vasquez the MMA version of Mike Vick? I sure hope not. “The Catkiller” has lost her last 3 fights, but she can take solace in knowing that she has the #6 best nickname in all of women’s MMA.You don’t think so? I’ll leave it to you to tell her she doesn’t.

5. Debi Purcell- “Whiplash”

Purcell is known as the “First Lady of MMA”. She is a legend and pioneer in the sport and also creator of the site “Fighter Girls“, where many of these nicknames were found. As for her nickname, “Whiplash” is the same name of the villainous character from Marvel Comics “Femme Fatales” as well as one of the all-time greatest metal songs by Metallica. Makes perfect sense. Her nickname is worthy of the number 5 spot.

4. Cris Santos- “Cyborg”

I still can’t figure out if that is her legal name. It’s probably not but everyone uses “Cyborg” as if it’s her real last name. She gained enormous popularity by defeating Gina Carano and is married to Evangelista “Cyborg” Santos. They share this killer nickname that comes in at #4 on our list.

3. Michelle Waterson- “The Karate Hottie”

Michelle Waterson is not just another pretty face, even if she did make our list of the hottest MMA fighters. Waterson is 6-3 in her career, having in fought in such respected promotions as Strikeforce, King of the Cage and Ring of Fire. The nickname arguably could be number one on our list, but we had to go with 2 we thought were slightly more entertaining. Such as…

2. Elaina Maxwell- “Beef”

Elaina Maxwell has a solid pedigree in MMA. A protege of Cung Le that fights out of San Jose and Cung Le Martial Arts/AKA, Maxwell has fought in Strikeforce and faced two of the biggest names in Women’s MMA: Miesha Tate and Gina Carano. She may have lost both of those bots, but she whoops them both in our list of best Women’s nicknames. “Beef” is a gutsy nickname for a chick, and cool enough to get to #2 on our list.

1. Amber Powell- “The Crazy Bitch”

When I saw a post on Cagefighter that mentioned a female fighter with an incredible nickname, I knew we had to create a list for the ladies. And there was no doubt that Amber Powell — the fighter in the article –and her awesome nickname “The Crazy Bitch” would top the list. It’s the best nickname in Women’s MMA, hands down.

Última edición por Eduardo Fontenla el Lun Jun 14, 2010 11:34 pm, editado 1 vez
Ver perfil de usuario http://www.forja-fontenla.com.ar
El Ilusionista
Maestro
Maestro

Frase : Saltar dentro de la mente y jugar en el terreno de lo imposible, de aquello que no puede de ningún modo ser ... y que, sin embargo, tu mente vuelve real ...
Masculino Cantidad de envíos : 16501

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   Lun Jun 14, 2010 10:15 pm

Jajajaja una vez habíamos hecho nosotros una lista con los peores nombres posibles para peleadores ...

Ver perfil de usuario http://elgimnasiodelamente.blogspot.com/
Inari
Practicante
Practicante

Masculino Cantidad de envíos : 1207

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   Lun Jun 14, 2010 11:35 pm

Es de notar el puesto 0.5 de los luchadores masculinos...
Ver perfil de usuario http://www.forja-fontenla.com.ar
NahuBjj
Practicante
Practicante

Cantidad de envíos : 1308

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   Mar Jun 15, 2010 9:21 am

si, si definitivamente, ! lo primeroq eu note
Ver perfil de usuario
El Ilusionista
Maestro
Maestro

Frase : Saltar dentro de la mente y jugar en el terreno de lo imposible, de aquello que no puede de ningún modo ser ... y que, sin embargo, tu mente vuelve real ...

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   Mar Jun 15, 2010 10:48 am

Un groso !!!

NahuBjj
Practicante
Practicante

Cantidad de envíos : 1308

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   Dom Jun 27, 2010 10:18 am

igual, la otra más copada es "Crazy bitch"! ajajja ese nick se gana a puro merito seguro!

Capaz que la estaban bardeando mal y alguien interpreto que ese era el fighter nick :S
Ver perfil de usuario
El Ilusionista
Maestro
Maestro

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   Dom Jun 27, 2010 4:31 pm

WTargentina escribió:
igual, la otra más copada es "Crazy bitch"! ajajja ese nick se gana a puro merito seguro!

Capaz que la estaban bardeando mal y alguien interpreto que ese era el fighter nick :S

Si el nombre es cierto perturba rivales seguro

Contenido patrocinado

MensajeTema: Re: The Best MMA Nicknames   

The Best MMA Nicknames
Ver el tema anterior Ver el tema siguiente Volver arriba 
Página 1 de 1.